Friday, January 30, 2009

Why does it have to happen?

Tommorow my little girl is going to turn 10. I am amazed. In her short 10 years she has been through so much. She has to deal with things that no one at her age should have to deal with. But yet she has grown and it appears that it has not bothered her one bit. Everyday she amazes me a little more. She is barely 10 and she is trying to step into the role of mother as I am about to be absent for the next year. She is so independent and strong, yet has a touch of "I need my mommy". Although that is getting further and further apart. There are days that I wonder if she really needs me, and yet there are other days that she can't be with out me. Physically she has grown as well. Before long she is going to be taller then me!!! It seems like yesterday I was playing with her on the front lawn and she was only two. If I think a little harder it does not seem that long ago that she was a little bundle in my arms with big beautiful eyes. She was so dependent on me, and needy...I never thought that it would end, and yet here I am standing in awe....watching her run off to play and show no real need for me anymore, unless it is to check her homework. I remember thinking about how I couldn't wait for her to grow up and be independent, and now all I want to do is cuddle with her and have her be dependent on me. It is so crazy to see the turn around. The next time I turn around she is going to be in high school, and then she is going to be moving out.......Why do they have to grow up so fast?

No comments:

Post a Comment