Sunday, January 24, 2010

Finally

So I have finally made it to this point. I am finally at the end of the longest year of my life. I thought that this day would never come, however now it has, and I just can't seem to get it to sink in. I am finally getting to go home. I am never going to have to look back and think about what I am going to have to do when I get back to the desert. Sad but true. I am sure there will be more deployments, however, I know that it will not be here. This deployment was not what I thought that it would be, by far, however it has taught me a number of things. Not just about what I want to do with myself, but how I look at the world, various situations, people in general, and my family. It is amazing what a person can learn in this enviroment. the question is will it stick? I am positive that a few things will stick, and others will be forgotten, I just hope that the good ones stick. That is the most that I can ask for really. At least now I can say that I have some purpose and direction in my life, which is something that I really did not have before coming out here. I knew kind of what I wanted, but I had no modivation to get there. I am a creature of habit, and this has forced me to change, and I think that it is a great thing. I can't wait to get home and see the family, cuddle with my kids, and have the hubby there!!!!! I have to admit, even with all the hussle and bussle of life this adventure is not one that I will forget.

1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful trip home! Enjoy the time with your family again. :)

    ReplyDelete